- The first group of reports you want to check on a daily basis is the dashboard overview. It gives you a comprehensive view of your goods and sales funnel - traffic, sales, orders, and visitor data. In other words, the dashboard overview enables you to monitor the performance of your online store across all sales channels. You can also use the data to compare time frames and predict revenue growth.
- The next big group is Shopify sales reports. It provides valuable data on sales and products informing you about the buying habits of consumers. Those insights are based on specifications/criteria that are relevant to you. Shopify sales reports include:
- sales over time,
- sales by product,
- Shopify POS reports.
You can review the orders placed on a certain month, day, or week, which will help you point out sales trends by season and tweak your promo campaigns accordingly.
Besides, you can track your sales based on:
- marketing campaigns,
- billing countries,
- customer details, etc.
With these reports, your strategic decisions (new store launch, target audience) will be more informed.
More sales reports are:
- sales by channel/traffic referrer
- sales by product
- sales by customer name
From these reports, you will see what channels/countries bring the biggest revenue, what websites direct you most of the traffic, what products are bestsellers, and more. This info allows you to invest in future ad campaigns, new markets, plan inventory, tailor loyalty programs, etc. more efficiently.
- Shopify customer behavior reports group enables you to study your customers, learn their buying habits, and increase conversions along with average order values.
For instance, you can track sessions broken by device, top online store searches, and more.
- The last group of reports is profit margins and Shopify financial reports. They are mostly intended for accountants and financial team members. This group of reports informs on associated costs, liabilities, profits, sales, and more, which smoothes budgeting and investment decision making.
Financial reports will inform you of critical values such as:
- high-selling and low-profit-margin products,
- cost per item,
- gross profit,
- total sales,
- POS sales
- average order value, order quantity, return quantity, etc.
You can apply different filters and create custom Shopify reports, export them in spreadsheets, or print out if needed.