While using Jira for software development is a no-brainer, using it to manage business systems like NCs and CAPAs isn’t as prevalent.
In Babylon’s case, their software division already uses Jira. So, the order came down from the top to use Jira Cloud to streamline processes — a sensible call for several reasons:
- It reduced the cost of ownership.
- It eliminated the friction caused by introducing another system.
- It lessened new users’ learning curve.
- It provided easier access to global teams through the main Jira dashboards.
- All other processes that are running in Jira are better integrated.
Does this mean using Jira for CAPA/NC Management was a slam-dunk?
Not totally. There were some hurdles to overcome. For example, Jira isn’t validated out-of-the-box, so validation required specific effort and know-how. Also, the project owner, Quality Manager & CAPA Manager Daksha Singham, had never worked with Jira before, so there was a potential learning curve.
Still, it was the right choice. And as long as you understand why you chose Jira in the first place, you’ll be motivated to overcome any challenges.