If you are ready to start looking for the best project management software, begin with an analysis of your specific requirements. What features do you need to handle particular project management points? Just looking through all the tools available on the market is not efficient. A recommendation does not work either - a perfect match for a lawyer's bureau is a poor option for a construction company.
Take into account how many projects you need to handle at a time and choose the software able to help you with a number of them. Project management software can become your favorite only if it offers the latest characteristics that make project management a piece of cake.
Project management software of your choice should give various options to organize tasks and create repeated tasks.
You should be apt to create boards for different project types, have separate deadlines, subtasks, members, and so on within them.
Tool functionality should include a parking lot style systems to keep tasks you are not working on at the moment.
Other major features to expect from an awesome project management solution:
- The possibility of impactful tasks as well as subtasks, and repetitious tasks segmentation.
- The included parking lot for adding unscheduled tasks.
- Easy integration with Google Calendar and different sorts of supporting apps.
- Possibility to implement the OKR methodology (Objective, Key Results), which is about focusing on crucial things and expected results instead of just closing tasks.
- Affordable and user-friendly.
- The option of adding attachments or deliverables essential for speed data sharing with members of the team.
- The possibility of adding people. The necessity of this option is not obvious right from the start but becomes imperative later on.
- Compatible with multiple apps. The platform must be accessible on the web, from devices using Android, iOS, Windows, etc...
Here is the list of top 10 project management software according to users reviews. (The tools are listed not according to their rank.)
- Primavera P6 Enterprise Project Portfolio Management
Don't forget to read the review of the software you are fascinated about and check if it provides all the required functionality for typical cases you are handling. Over To You
Summarizing everything said above, we can conclude that project management software can bring relief to contemporary entrepreneurs. It helps to join forces on projects, set good internal and external communication, manage the budget, monitor each step of the project, share documents, commune with clients and suppliers, optimize taking decisions, and so on.
Current project management software market offers a whole lot of tools and solutions like Basecamp, which can be placed at the very bottom of the spectrum (as it is more of a task management tool) and Primavera, which is at the other end (as it is one of the most advanced tools).
However, you don't necessarily need the most expensive and feature-rich software for your project. The choice depends on your business requirements, pains, and budget.
When you are choosing the best project management software you should get the answers to the following questions - Will it help to run my business? Will it keep my stakeholders connected and updated? Won't it break the bank of my company?
You may think of buying the tool if it can map 80% of your business process in one place, help you generate reports on the fly, keep tabs on resource workload and utilization, and set collaboration with your team. Also don't forget that your team, the actual tool users, should accept the software because otherwise, you will not be able to successfully implement it. If the tool is user-friendly, intuitive, and easy to learn, it will get the full backing of your team.