The big difference between QuickBooks Online and Desktop is how they operate. As you may have guessed, QuickBooks Online is cloud-based, whereas QuickBooks Desktop is for businesses that need local software installed on their computer(s).
So, which one should you pick?Choose QuickBooks Desktop if:
Choose QuickBooks Online if:
- You don’t need real-time collaboration.
- You don’t need access to your files remotely or on other devices.
- You want to customize your data tracking as per your needs.
- You need detailed transaction tracking.
- You can work with limited(around 200) app integrations.
- You are looking for a cheaper QuickBooks version. It would be best if you had real-time collaboration.
- You need access to files remotely or through different devices, anywhere and anytime.
- You can work with standard transaction tracking.
- You want access to all QuickBooks integrations (650+).
Overall, it is best to go with QuickBooks Online as it offers more features and flexibility. It also saves you money and gives tons of app integrations. However, the Desktop version is excellent if you seek more specialized features such as forecasting or inventory tracking.